Download ready-to-deliver CPD resources
To download these resources, log in or sign up for a free trial of CPD Toolkit
Save time and take the hassle out of preparing in-school CPD with our evidence-based resources.
Register for a free trial today to unlock and download two CPD sessions.
Start free trial Log in
We do not take payment details at this stage, and there is no obligation to subscribe after you've accessed your free resources.
How effective are your colleagues at managing their workload? This course aims to equip participants with practical time management strategies and techniques to help them to use their time more effectively and efficiently. It addresses issues such as task prioritisation, procrastination and ownership, whilst also seeking to challenge participants’ perceptions of time.
This course is suitable for leaders, teachers and support staff from early years to secondary education.
Authors: This course was developed in partnership with Nina Siddall-Ward, the Director of Why Consultancy. Nina was formerly the head of standards and learning effectiveness for East Sussex Children's Services Authority. Prior to this, she was a primary headteacher at three schools.
Part 1 - Individual perceptions of time and task prioritisation (90 minutes)
- Gain an accurate view of how you perceive and use time
- Understand the importance of effective time management
- Create more realistic to-do lists
- Develop practical techniques and strategies to use your time more effectively
Part 2 - Planning for success
- Understand how to use the ‘Getting Things Done’ approach to manage your time
- Explore how habit affects time management
- Clarify some of the habits of successful people
- Facilitator notes providing step-by-step guidance with discussion prompts, activity instructions and links to further reading
- A facilitator log including a checklist to support session planning and evaluation, and to help you identify next steps
- A diagnostic audit to assess participants’ prior knowledge so that you can tailor the content and target areas for improvement
- Presentation slides outlining key concepts and guidance
- Videos to support activities and to explain complex ideas
- A learning log enabling participants to reflect upon their learning against the course objectives
- A feedback form enabling participants to evaluate the subject content and activities in the session
- A certificate to certify participation in the training course
- Download high-quality materials created in partnership with subject specialists, and quality assured for your peace of mind
- Adapt the resources to meet the needs of your school and staff
- Deliver engaging training with confidence, with the support of comprehensive facilitator guidance
- Evaluate the impact of your training to identify areas where staff need further support