Download ready-to-deliver CPD resources
To download these resources, log in or sign up for a free trial of CPD Toolkit
Save time and take the hassle out of preparing in-school CPD with our evidence-based resources.
Register for a free trial today to unlock and download two CPD sessions.
Start free trial Log in
We do not take payment details at this stage, and there is no obligation to subscribe after you've accessed your free resources.
How can you instil a ‘growth mindset’ in young people at your school? Research shows that pupils who have a growth mindset – the belief that intelligence is malleable – try harder, persist for longer, seek out feedback and set themselves more challenging goals. This course covers the latest research on growth mindset, dispels common myths, and explores practical strategies that can be implemented in the classroom and across the whole school.
This training course is suitable for all teaching and support staff.
Session 1 - Defining growth mindset, its benefits and the role of effort (90 minutes)
- Introduce to the concept of ‘growth mindset’
- Dispel any myths around growth mindset
- Explore the benefits of growth mindset
- Explore the role of effort
Session 2 - Exploring the role of feedback, setbacks and new challenges (105 minutes)
Authors: This course was developed in partnership with Bradley Busch, a registered psychologist and director of InnerDrive. InnerDrive is a mental skills training company that helps people develop a growth mindset and acquire the key skills needed to perform under pressure.
- Examine pupil perceptions towards feedback, setbacks and new challenges
- Understand how to make praise purposeful
- Learn how to reframe pupils' self-talk
- Explore success stories and how they can be used to inspire pupils
Session 3 - Overcoming challenges in implementing interventions (90 minutes)
- Examine the obstacles in developing a growth mindset
- Highlight research on the relationship between a growth mindset and creating a sense of purpose
- Review learnings from this training course and identify next steps
- Facilitator notes providing step-by-step guidance with discussion prompts, activity instructions and links to further reading
- A facilitator log including a checklist to support session planning and evaluation, and to help you identify next steps
- A diagnostic audit to assess participants’ prior knowledge so that you can tailor the content and target areas for improvement
- Presentation slides outlining key concepts and guidance
- Videos to support activities and to explain complex ideas
- A learning log enabling participants to reflect upon their learning against the course objectives
- A feedback form enabling participants to evaluate the subject content and activities in the session
- A certificate to certify participation in the training course
- Download high-quality materials created in partnership with subject specialists, and quality assured for your peace of mind
- Adapt the resources to meet the needs of your school and staff
- Deliver engaging training with confidence, with the support of comprehensive facilitator guidance
- Evaluate the impact of your training to identify areas where staff need further support