Download ready-to-deliver CPD resources
To download these resources, log in or sign up for a free trial of CPD Toolkit
Save time and take the hassle out of preparing in-school CPD with our evidence-based resources.
Register for a free trial today to unlock and download two CPD sessions.
Start free trial Log in
We do not take payment details at this stage, and there is no obligation to subscribe after you've accessed your free resources.
Research summarised in the Sutton Trust/Education Endowment Foundation Toolkit shows that high quality pupil feedback has an average impact of eight additional months of progress for pupils. This course aims to improve your teachers’ skills in preparing for, giving, and getting effective feedback and enabling, noticing and responding effectively to pupils’ contributions.
This course is suitable for school leaders, teachers and support staff from early years to secondary education. There are six 90 minute sessions available for teachers and support staff, and two 90 minute sessions for school leaders.
- Developing an understanding of effective preparation strategies for promoting depth, challenge, meaning and purpose through feedback
- Planning how to use an action research tool to test a feedback strategy for a focus group of pupils
- Relating evidence for effective feedback strategies to a range of different contexts
- Developing a plan for enhancing preparation so it works more effectively for a focus group of pupils
Authors: This course was developed in partnership with the Centre for the Use of Research and Evidence in Education (CUREE), an internationally acknowledged centre of expertise in evidence-based practice in all sectors of education.
Session 1a - Introduction to effective feedback (leadership session)
Session 1b - Introduction to effective feedback
Session 2 - Preparing for effective feedback: developing meaning and depth in feedback
Session 3 - Strategies for preparing effective feedback: preparation of activities and people
Session 4 - Opening up dialogue
Session 5 - Meeting everyone's needs
Session 6 - Students' contributions to effective feedback
Session 7 - Evaluating impact (leadership session)
- Facilitator notes providing step-by-step guidance with discussion prompts, activity instructions and links to further reading
- A facilitator log including a checklist to support session planning and evaluation, and to help you identify next steps
- A diagnostic audit to assess participants’ prior knowledge so that you can tailor the content and target areas for improvement
- Presentation slides outlining key concepts and guidance
- Videos to support activities and to explain complex ideas
- A learning log enabling participants to reflect upon their learning against the course objectives
- A feedback form enabling participants to evaluate the subject content and activities in the session
- A certificate to certify participation in the training course
- Download high-quality materials created in partnership with subject specialists, and quality assured for your peace of mind
- Adapt the resources to meet the needs of your school and staff
- Deliver engaging training with confidence, with the support of comprehensive facilitator guidance
- Evaluate the impact of your training to identify areas where staff need further support